Review #1: Jaws (1975)



This review was originally written in October 2016.

Just watched Jaws. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I really liked the character interactions- particularly between Brody and Hooper- and despite the shark itself looking very artificial by today's standards, so little of the focus was on the shark itself that by the time it shows up you're already sufficiently scared of it. Also, the cinematography was excellent, and so many scenes seemed so natural and engrossing compared to many films nowadays. I can definitely see why this movie became a classic, and why it's used as the perfect example of many aspects of filmmaking.

Rating: 10/10 shotglass-sized shark teeth

"I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review #181: The Evil Dead (1981)

Review #153: The Endless (2018)

Review #179: It (2017)