Review #20: Troll Hunter (2010)


This review was originally written in October 2016.

Day 20: Trollhunter

For several reasons, I generally hate found footage movies. That being said, this one was actually quite well done, and I definitely found myself enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. The framing device for it is a little... uh... stupid (as is usually the case with found footage movies) but the pacing of the movie is really good, and I noticed lots of little tricks they used to keep the CGI monsters' appearances within the realm of plausibility. I really liked the mythology they were building up involving the trolls, and I thought it was really clever how they explained away a lot of questions the viewer might have with just enough pseudoscience to keep it reasonable.

I still don't like found footage, though.

Rating: 8/10 Circular Power Lines

The best way to bandage a wound, according to this movie: Slap some duct tape on your outermost layer of clothing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review #181: The Evil Dead (1981)

Review #153: The Endless (2018)

Review #179: It (2017)