Review #3: Pontypool (2008)

 


This review was originally written in October 2016.

Day 3: Just watched Pontypool! I'm already quite familiar with this film, and have watched it plenty of times in the past. However, it was still nice to watch it again and actually pay close attention. This is a really cool movie that does a lot of things I like- first, it's almost entirely in one location (a radio studio, which happens to be in a church basement) and it's also a completely unique take on the zombie genre. Definitely worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Now, to be fair though, it still has some flaws. There are a few scenes around the middle that seem really oddly placed (like when Stephen McHattie's character has a breakdown and decides to go outside, it doesn't really make much sense to me and seems like its sole purpose is to bring about an escalation in the tension, which happens very suddenly and then doesn't go anywhere for quite a while afterwards- also, the obituaries section makes zero sense and does not at all fit the timeline of the movie) and the ending doesn't really make much sense to me. That being said, the rest of the movie is a lot of fun to watch, and I love it.

Rating: 9/10 Singing Jihadists

Industries I Once Told My Boss I Wanted to Go Into Despite It Not Being True: Radio and Software Development

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review #181: The Evil Dead (1981)

Review #153: The Endless (2018)

Review #179: It (2017)