Review #34: The Ouija Experiment 2: Theatre of Death (2014)


This review was originally written in October 2017.

Horror Movie October Day 4: The Ouija Experiment 2: Theatre of Death (aka The Ouija Resurrection)

Full disclosure: This is a sequel and I have never seen the original. At least I don't think I have. However, I can't imagine this movie being any better if I had. This movie was so awful I spent basically the entire movie debating whether it was intentionally bad or not. But in the end I decided that no, I'm fairly certain this was meant to be a serious movie. It's bad, but not so obviously bad that they clearly meant to make a bad film; rather, everything about it is just barely sub-par enough to make it an embarrassment for everyone involved.

The thing that caught my attention the most for being so bad was the acting. I'm guessing this movie was extremely low-budget (as indicated by... well, everything), but how expensive is it to get actors that can actually act instead of just read lines off a page? Was there a point where the director/producer/whoever (let's be honest, it was probably all the same person) had to choose between one set of actors that could actually act, and another set who had never seen a camera before, and there just wasn't enough money to make the right decision? It seems that way.

There isn't really much I can say to insult this movie because the movie insulted itself plenty.

Final rating: 1/10 Magic VR Glasses

A Movie I Don't Plan On Watching Anytime Soon: The Ouija Experiment (2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review #181: The Evil Dead (1981)

Review #153: The Endless (2018)

Review #179: It (2017)