2026: The Franchise Strikes Back

Hello again, everyone! Hopefully you've had an uneventful year so far. It's almost that time, and you know what that means- 31 more horror reviews!

A few years back (2020, it feels like a million years ago) I chose four movie franchises- Halloween, Hellraiser, Jeepers Creepers, and A Nightmare on Elm Street- and reviewed (practically) all of the movies in those franchises. This year I'm doing something similar- I've chosen three franchises I'm going to watch in full (except for a couple entries I've already reviewed), and then I'm going to round the month out by watching a few entries from the previous set of franchises that I didn't get to last time (mostly because they hadn't released yet). Here is the list of movies I'll be reviewing this month:

1. Paranormal Activity (2007)

2. Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

3. Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)

4. Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)

5. Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)

6. Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (2015)

7. Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin (2021)

8. Saw (2004)

9. Saw II (2005)

10. Saw III (2006)

11. Saw IV (2007)

12. Saw V (2008)

13. Saw VI (2009)

14. Saw 3D (2010)

15. Jigsaw (2017)

16. Spiral (2021)

17. Saw X (2023)

18. Friday the 13th (1980)

19. Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981)

20. Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982)

21. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)

22. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)

23. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)

24. Friday the 13th: The New Blood (1988) 

25. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

26. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

27. Friday the 13th (2009)

28. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

29. Hellraiser (2022)

30. Halloween Kills (2021)

31. Halloween Ends (2022)

It should be noted that I'm not going to be reviewing Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday or Jason X, because those are (for some reason) the only two Friday the 13th movies I've already reviewed. (I've seen them all a bunch of times so it's weird that I've never reviewed the rest, but whatever.) I never covered the A Nightmare on Elm Street remake or Freddy vs. Jason, so I'll be including those in here (though I feel like most people consider Freddy vs. Jason to be more of a Friday movie than a Nightmare movie so I think I can be forgiven). And since neither of the last two Halloween movies were out when I reviewed the rest of the series I'm capping off this month with those.

I'm excited to see how all of these movies do when put under my trademark scrutiny, so let's have some fun!

And after this, keep your eyes open when December comes around, because I think I've got another 12 Slays of Christmas in me yet!

Happy October, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review #153: The Endless (2018)

Review #155: Spontaneous (2020)

Review #348: The Recall (2017)